Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mandate of Heaven



I recently came across a few Mandate of Heaven pieces at a boutique in LES and am so pleased that I took down their name to google when I returned home. Not only do I love their totally girly, 40's-glamish clothing (apparently made mostly with recycled and/or vintage material), but I'm also completely obsessed with their punky/art deco graphic aesthetic. Everything is very diy looking: single-image web pages, photos taken in lived-in apartments, animated gif-ish videos (the most recent set to this fantastic 90's gem) And everything has a touch of golden era of Hollywood flair: splashes of mint green, decorative typefaces, and plenty of feathers and cocktail hats. I just missed their Spring 09 show during Williamsburg Fashion Weekend, but luckily ThreadBanger has a video here.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: