Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Flickr Set // Packaging & Merchandising





I've decided to start a new Flickr set to compliment my Window Displays set: a Packaging and Merchandising set. I guess, after photographing from the sidewalk, it makes sense to start documenting the great design that goes on inside stores (though it does involve being a bit more stealthy!) I was spurred to action after, frustrated by not being able to get good photos of the Juicy Couture windows on Fifth Avenue due to the glaring sun, I stepped inside to find that Juicy Couture has the most exciting, whimsical, stunning visual merchandising and product packaging I've come across in quite some time! Some of the highlights include: heaps of necklaces adorning taxidermy deer heads, socks displayed on a retro ceramic dog statuette, "sale" signs created by painting over gold-framed oil paintings, and Juicy's baroque-punk perfume bottles arranged in vignettes around the store. Though I wouldn't be caught dead in a velour jumpsuit, I would seriously love to move into this store! I look forward to adding more content to this set soon, but you can check out all the Juicy Couture photos now!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: